Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thrifty Thursday-Michaels & Scrap Room Organization

Happy Thursday!

Sorry for the late post but I'm trying to recover from my first Zumba class in years. My fingers are one of the few body parts that don't hurt from this week of getting back to exercise which is good because I can still blog. I wanted to share with you some finds from Michaels.  All of their baskets and some of their decor is on sale for 40-50% off, including scrapbooking storage. Instead of going the plastic storage solution route, I looked to baskets and using decor items in different ways to add to my scrapbook room, which is still a work in progress.


I was so happy to find this minty basket today at 50% off! My scrap room is mint and pink and it holds my 12 x 12 paper perfectly. If you recall, I originally had all of my paper in a plastic storage cube. This fabric lined basket is so much nicer on the paper and I am absolutely obsessed with the mint right now.


The next item I procured was this utensil basket at 40% off. It makes a great place to store color mists and the like. It's divided into three sections in the back which are just big enough for my spray adhesive.


Next up is this caddy to hold my glue gun, glue sticks, and colored pencils, also 40% off.


I found this small basket for 50% off and it works great for all of my Thickers.


Lastly, is this small bird cage I found in the $2.00-$3.00 section. I thought is was cute and it does a nice job of holding my cupcake liners. By the way, have you ever crafted with cupcake liners? You can make pretty flowers, banners, and fringe trim with them...note to self...future blog post.



Well, that's it for this week's thrifty finds. By the way, Michaels also has 40% off Heidi Swapp right now. My store looked picked through already. :( Good luck!

Thanks for stopping by and stay scrappy!

-Gina & the Hounds






7 comments:

  1. Congrats on Zumba! I have never taken a class but it sure seems like a great workout.

    You found some great items at Michaels. I'm heading over there and Ikea later today in hopes of finally completing my scraproom update. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. It's been awhile since I Iast visited Michaels, think it's time I head back. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love zumba, i have it for the xbox and wii, since we are stationed in a small town and there isnt alot going on. the baskets are adorable. I need that birdcage for the cupcake liners, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! I love the wire basket. I´d love to have Michaels in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the big basket for your 12x12. I got something similar at Target, but it's time for another and they don't have the same pattern now.

    Now, I can't wait to see some cupcake paper crafts. I always buy some but only rarely do I make muffins or cupcakes (I wear them on my hips.) I store mine in the kitchen, imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun finds, the little bird cage is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute storage...love the white wire bins!

    I know what you mean about wanting to get away from plastic storage containers...I used plastic bins for years, and I've been thrifting and scouring a lot lately to find cuter stuff to store my things in. Looks so much nicer!

    ReplyDelete