Friday, March 21, 2014

Scrappy Saturday-Sympathy Card

Happy Saturday! Last night, I participated in my first card swap, something I have wanted to do for a long time. This year is definitely the year for trying new things and doing what I love! This month's theme was sympathy. I found it to be quite challenging, especially when I was looking through my paper stash and realized that a lot of what I have is bright and cheery. I managed to pull something together but made the rookie mistake of forgetting the envelopes. (Cue horn {waah waah}). The group I was with joked that I wasn't allowed at the next swap. Doh!

I felt that the card needed to be subdued with few embellishments (Stickles just didn't feel right on a card of this sentiment). 



I was so tempted to do a sympathy card for a pet but thought that most people would find a people card more useful. I'll save that for another post...

Materials Used:

MME Chalk Studio 6x6 paper 
MME Chalk Studio 12 x 12 paper 
8.5 x 11 ivory cardstock
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous wings stamp
Tim Holtz Distressed Ink pad in Vintage Photo
Color Box Chalk (cats eye)
Basic Grey Capture 12 x 12
Prima Flowers
Copper colored brad
Tan positionable cord
EK Success punch for the borders

The seven other ladies that participated are incredibly talented! Everything from die-cuts, embossing, and stamping was used including elements and techniques using Flower Soft, Pearl Pens, and sanding. I will definitely be trying some of these in future projects. I just love being around creative people. Thanks to Jonna for the invite!

Thanks for stopping by & as always, stay scrappy! 

-Gina & the Hounds



1 comment:

  1. This is a good idea to have them ready ahead, because when you need them, you usually don't have the mind to make them. This one is so delicate, you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete