Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fun with Cupcake Wrappers-Four Step Fringe

Happy Hump Day! Today is all about cupcake wrappers! I just love making things out of them. Take a look at this chipboard book I made. 


The fringe is all mini cupcake wrappers, cut in half, and scissored.  The best part? It's so easy! Handsome shall be my helper in the scraproom today.


First, I folded the mini cupcake wrapper in half.



Next, I "fringe cut" all the way around the outer edge by making cuts approx. 1/2" long.


Then, I opened the wrapper and cut in half (followed the fold line).


Lastly, I glued the half circles onto the edge of my book. You can use fringe on your page layouts and altered projects as well. Here is a card I whipped up for today's example.


Supplies Used: MME Lost & Found 8x8 paper, DCWV Vintage Collector letter stickers, MME Cut & Paste heart sticker, MME Cut & Paste washi, butterfly from DCWV's Mariposa collection.

You can step this up by adding inking around the edges before your fringe cut. Cupcake wrappers come in all colors and patterns (think of those pretty foil ones). Imagine the possibilities! More ideas using cupcake wrappers coming soon! 

Have you ever used cupcake wrappers in your layouts, projects, or cards?

Thanks for stopping by and as always, stay scrappy!

-Gina & the Hounds

8 comments:

  1. I have never scrapped with cupcake wrappers before but what a brilliant idea!! There are so many things you could do with those. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! They kinda look like flower embellishments when cut that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love this idea, so simple but so very pretty when it is added to the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought of fringing cupcake wrappers, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! It adds so much! I love love your dog - give it a pet for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never thought of this. Time to go raid the pantry. LOL! Thank you! They look super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I always have a lot of cupcake liners sitting around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks super fun and adds such dramatic flair!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I genuinely appreciate it!! Hope you have a beautiful day!!

    ReplyDelete