Sunday, March 23, 2014

One Ringy Dingy, Two Ringy Dingy

Happy Friday! Congrats on surviving another week! Apologies for the infrequent posts lately. I decided to take some to create rather than worry about what on earth I was going to blog about. 

Zumba update: It still hurts. I'm 7 lbs. down though, due in large part to Weight Watchers. 60 min. of Zumba adds 6 WW points which is just enough for some chocolate. So basically I'm working out for chocolate.

Today's featured layout is inspired by My Mind's Eye Snapshot line. I created this layout as part of the DT for Scrappin' in the City (www.scrappininthecity.com). The phone images reminded me of a fond childhood activity-listening to my mom & dad's vinyl records. I was around 5 or 6 years old then. One of the LP's I listened to frequently was Lily Tomlin's "This Is A Recording" which featured one of her most beloved characters, Ernestine, the switchboard operator. I laughed every time Ernestine uttered the words, "One ringy dingy, 2 ringy dingy..."




Materials Used:


(The TC journaling card is from the Snapshots line.)

Have you scrapped a fond childhood memory recently? What was it?

Thanks for stopping by & stay scrappy!

-Gina & the Hounds

5 comments:

  1. ha ha what an awesome layout!! and your handwritting is to die for!! Just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. "is this the party to whom I am speaking to" Loved the Carol Burnett Show and Lily Tomlin is always so funny, what a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun page! I love how the title is across the top and the bottom. I haven't scrapped any childhood memories recently, but I should! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great page, love all the detail

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this lay out. So much fun! Taking a picture of your supply list...genius! Congrats on the weight loss. I completely understand exercising for chocolate. I think I could take all other sweets away as long as there was chocolate.

    ReplyDelete