Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hump Day with the Hounds-Butts & Bailey

Happy Hump Day!

A couple of days ago, I posted the second worst photo of me that exists. A picture of me on the edge of a sofa so that it spread out what didn't need spreading out, wearing a giant, unstructured t-shirt. It's all good though because it gave me the extra bit of motivation I needed to get back to working out after a year + long arthritis flare-up and the depression that came with it. I fumbled through Piloxing yesterday, winced through yoga today, and plan to trip through Zumba tomorrow. 

During yoga this morning, I was in the unfortunate position of being in front of a guy who had to suffer through most of his session with my butt in the air. To make matters worse, I was in my old/holey, sweat pants, stretched out sports bra, and wearing granny panties. I made the mistake of glancing to my right where there was a mirror while in triangle pose. It wasn't pretty. It looked as if my giant, raspberry colored head was about to pop off of my neck. No need to go into what the rest of my body looked like but let's just say I don't envy the poor soul behind me. Afterwards, I jetted over to Target to pick up the following: Jockey "shorts" to be used as underwear, yoga pants, molded sports bra w/ adjustable shoulder straps, fitted tank with built in shelf support,  and a loose fitting cotton tee. It still ain't pretty but I believe that the bits and pieces are all covered, with added secondary protection. I am trying to remember that the worst part is always the beginning of an exercise program as my tender knees, shoulders, and hip joints will tell you. It ain't going to be like it was in my 20's and early 30's when I could exercise everyday without arthritis pain, constant soreness and lose weight without trying too hard. I do feel like I'm in recovery mode now: exercise, yoga, scrapbook, repeat. 

Speaking of scrapbooking and butts in the air, today is Hump Day with the Hounds so today's layout features Bailey aka Doxie Gurl in her tutu. Enjoy.





The following supplies were used in the creation of this masterpiece ;) :

Paper
MME Wild Asparagus-lt. pink/brown stripe
MME Lost & Found-Market Street "Lovely" French stripe
DCWV-Glitter Pack (no info available)
AC Neopolitan (pink translucent polka dots)
Pearlized pink 12 x 12 sheet that I cut an inch off each side (from a kit long ago)

Embellishments
Prima Flowers Lifetime Collection
Pink & white twine
AC Thickers-Doll glitter letter stickers
AC ribbon
Bo Bunny pink ruffle wrap
Viva Pearl Pen in cream
MME Chalk Studio Gemstones & Pearls
Pink pearl top stick pins

Thanks for stopping by and as always, stay scrappy!

-Gina & the Hounds

No comments:

Post a Comment