Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Croptopia Tennesee Spring Fling/Birthday Girl with Bella Blvd.

Happy Friday! I am blogging "live" from the Croptopia Getaways (www.croptopiagetaways.com) Tennessee Spring Fling weekend! The event runs Friday-Sunday at the Holiday Inn next to World's Fair Park in beautiful downtown Knoxville. There aren't many scrappers in the ballroom yet (it's 10:00 a.m. on the first day of the event). The ladies who are here are hardcore. I've never seen so many rolling carts and bags. We're talking eight huge bags and four giant rolling carts...for two people! Someone I know from a previous retreat even brought a Keurig...genius! I feel humbled with my meager set-up. And I'm here alone which I've done before but I am hopeful that I will meet people to go on future crops with. It's always more fun to scrap with people you know. There appears to be several ladies in my age group here. (There was a 2 Peas post a few days ago about scrapbooking being thought of as a granny hobby. While there are grannies here (I view them as silver-haired scrappin' gurus) there are also plenty of women here in their 30's and 40's.)


My set-up looks even more pathetic in photographic form! I will blog events from today and Saturday in case you were thinking of attending a Croptopia event.

Now onto a share...

 I've got a card to show you today using Bella Blvd.'s Birthday Girl. This was done for Scrappin' in the City.


To see what the inside of the card looks like, head on over to www.scrappininthecity.com and click on the blog tab. The card is featured in the design team entry. I've been focusing on the inside of cards lately. They tend to get ignored.

Materials Used:


What are your favorite cropping events/weekends/retreats? Are you a silver-haired scrappin' guru or a young 'un?

Thanks for stopping by! I do appreciate it! Have a great weekend and stay scrappy! :)

-Gina & the Hounds







1 comment:

  1. I miss going to crops so much. Don't feel bad about your set-up though, I find it way easier to work with less supplies than the whole kit and kaboodle!

    I'm not old, but I've been going silver haired since my early 20's, so I guess I fit into both categories ;)

    ReplyDelete