Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thrifty Thursday-Zulily Finds

Happy Thursday! I really like today's thrifty treasures. I would like to share a couple of fantastic Zulily finds. Zulily's tag line is "Deals for moms, babies, and kids." Does being a pet parent count? Posted today on the site are some totes and jewelry from artist Kelly Rae Roberts. I had never heard of her before so I did some Googling. Where have I been? I love her artwork and I especially love her story. She calls herself an "accidental artist" and embraces a "possibilitarian" attitude. I may have just found a religion. She didn't find her true joy until the age of 30 which I think is pretty good considering I'm 37 and still trying to figure out mine. She is a former social worker and I am a former Special Education teacher. Can you tell that I may have found a kindred spirit? You can read her story here: http://kellyraeroberts.com/about. I started thinking about all of the wonderful artists that must be out there, just bubbling below the surface of consciousness. We all discover things at different times and in different ways. I'm so glad Zulily brought Ms. Roberts in my line of view. Her art is full of whimsy, inspiration and well, just downright gorgeous! And it's on sale. :) Here are just a few items from today's Zulily postings.







I NEED that Create tote. Gorgeous!

Also on Zulily, posted a couple of days ago, are some My Mind's Eye paper and washi tape. These are on sale as well and it looks like they are going quickly. Some of the sales are ending in the next 24 hours.

Here are the direct links to the Zulily pages for Kelly Rae Roberts and My Mind's Eye products.

http://www.zulily.com/e/kelly-rae-roberts-73859.html

http://www.zulily.com/my-minds-eye?fromSearch=true&searchTerm=My+minds+eye


Thanks for stopping by and stay scrappy!

-Gina & the Hounds

No comments:

Post a Comment