Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hump Day with the Hounds-Handsome's Update

Happy Hump Day! At the risk of sounding like the worst pet parent in the world, I will recap the last several hours of Handsome's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  So, I couldn't stand seeing him in the cone. He was bumping into walls, couldn't eat out of his dishes (even when I raised them), and overall, looked miserable. As mentioned yesterday, I ran to the store to grab some no-lick bandages.  Little did I know, I purchased the bandages from hell. The outside of the package read, "Will not stick to wound or fur." I opened the package, pulled one of the bandages out (there were two) and peeled the paper off the back of it to expose the sticky side (just like a Band-Aid). I then proceeded to wrap the bandage around the wound. You would have thought that I was cutting his tail off with a saw. I was in a panic, not knowing what the heck was going on.  I notice that there is a small instruction sheet behind the second bandage.  It read, "Do not stick directly on wound. Place bandage directly above or below wound. Contains cayenne pepper." In my defense, looking for instructions on how to apply what is essentially an over-sized Band-Aid never entered my mind. I wish it would have. I felt terrible for causing my tiny Chihuahua man so much pain.  It must have been excruciating (imagine pouring jalapeno juice over an inch long laceration with muscle exposure). No bueno. Furthermore, the bandage from hell did stick to the fur so I had to ease it off today with some Aquafor. I tied the cone back on pobrecito Handsome and ran back to the store to find something more suitable.  I settled on this:
Upon returning home, I found the cone on the floor and a very excited Chihuahua. I inspected the wound and despite it looking a little red, (I'm assuming from vigorous licking), everything looked okay.  After some gauze and a few wraps of the self-adhesive bandage and a lot of praise, kisses, and treats, Handsome appears to be comfortable and much happier. To recap:

Unhappy Chihuahua



Happier Chihuahua


Are you a happy boy?  You are?!?!

In other news, I am very excited to be going on my first Scrappin' in the City Retreat in beautiful Sevierville, (close to the Smoky Mountains and just behind the Scrapbook Superstore...eeek!), Thursday night through Sunday evening. I have stocked the fridge with Giant's favorite foods and have packed my overnight bag. Hopefully the animals will all still be alive when I return and I won't find the Giant lying in a pile of his own filth. ;) I will be posting some of the pages I complete throughout the rest of the week and if the rest of the crew isn't camera shy, some pics of the attendees doing what they do best...scrappin'!

Thanks for stopping by and as always, stay scrappy!

-Gina & the Hounds

5 comments:

  1. That happened to us with chloe, but she loved the tqste of the pepper. We tried hot sauce and she liked thqt even more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to care for our fur babies can trying at times. I'm glad you found a solution! Have fun at your scrapping retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no poor baby, poor mama too! Glad you went back and found something different :) Have a great time at the SB retreat - I think you need it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your pup is feeling better! Have fun at the retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor baby :( Have fun at your retreat though! I can't wait to attend another one in May.

    ReplyDelete